function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AcademicHoboAcademicHobo 

Observing WSI BP with BPEL and Salesforce

I am using Oracle SOA 11g (BPEL) to drive integrations to SF.  As such, I don't have the benefit of a tool like wsdl2java.  So I need to use the SF schema to manipulate SObjects in my BPEL processes.  But the SF wsdl only defines objects.  There are no object declarations.  So to start with, I have nothing with which to populate a variable in BPEL.  I don't want to add my own declarations to the SF wsdl because the wsdl changes too frequently, particularly since the underlying schema my business is using is in a state of flux as its use of SF evolves.  I have been able to add those declarations to a wsdl that imports the enterprise.wsdl, but that's a dangerous approach since it violates the visibility rule for embedded schemas in imported wsdls.  I read a whitepaper put out by an Oracle consulting company about integrating between Oracle SOA 11g and SF, but those folks actually hardcoded their SF object in their BPEL process using an XML fragment.  I see that as unmaintable as I continue to create integrations for many SObjects.  So I am writing to appeal to anyone for a better strategy.  I wish the wsdl contained declarations.  Then I wouldn't have to worry about all this.  Can anyone explain to me why it doesn't?

Thanks,

Cris

AcademicHoboAcademicHobo

Thanks....I didn't notice this group.