function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TMangoTMango 

Email to Salesforce - Associate to Case?

HI --- I asked this question before but I think the answer and my reply got buried over the holidays, so I will try one more time before telling my users that it can't be done .... :smileytongue:

If an email is sent to a client contact and the sender BCCs their "email to SF" address, the e-mail goes into an unresolved Task.  This task automatically defaults to being related to an opportunity, although if SF identifies the client contact's e-mail address as one logged in SF it will automatically associate the Task to the Contact Record.

Is there a way to configure the email to SF feature to detect a Case # and automatically associate it to the Case?  The first response that I got said to add the URL link to the case into the email, but that still doesn't associate it to the case.  Can this be done at all?

*werewolf**werewolf*

Not without some kind of an Apex trigger, no.  Have you considered turning on Email To Case though?  Email To Case will add a little ID to outgoing emails which, if it's retained in the reply and the Email To Case address is copied, will automatically associate it to the case.

sravusravu

Hi,

I am trying to expand the discussion further. What if I want to send an email regarding a case by not replying back to the previous email from the case owner?

Is there a way that salesforce detects the case number included in the subject or body of an email and send associate it to the case.

*werewolf**werewolf*

Yes, if you just click Send An Email from the case, even if it's not in reply to any specific prior email, it will put a thread ID in there that allows any replies to that email to be threaded into the case.