function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Terry411Terry411 

Reoccuring Events

Technically this isn't a developent question but it may turn into one if the setup doesn't support this... Can I setup reoccuring events to match business hours (skip Sundays)? I have a customer that has events that occur every other day except they are closed on Sundays so I need to skip that day.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BA_AdminBA_Admin

Ok, so when you select weekly select the days you want for the specific event, you can select Monday, Wednesday and Friday next to weekly, so this happens only on those days.

All Answers

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Yes you can go to activity settings and turn on Enable Creation of Recurring Events, so when you create a new event click in create follow up event and on the bottom select  Recurring Events then select frequency to weekly and skip sunday, eventually you can select the time.

Terry411Terry411
I understand I can setup reoccuring but I don't see how you skip Sunday when doing an every other daily event. Where do see the ability to skip a day?
BA_AdminBA_Admin

When you select weekly select all days except sunday

1)Salesforce.com Data Loader, Sf2Sf, Workflow & Approvals, Dashboards, Reports, Custom Objects, Custom Tabs, Email Services, Security Controls, Sandbox, Eclipse IDE Plug-in. Big machines, SalesforceMobile
2)Administration, Configuration, Implementation and support experience on Salesforce.com platform and big machines.
3)Certified Administrator Adm 201   
Terry411Terry411
right but it's not a weekly reoccurance... its daily. To make weekly work I'd have to create six reoccuring event entries. That's what I'm trying to avoid. Make sense?
BA_AdminBA_Admin

on which days you want the event to be occured?

Terry411Terry411
There are two recurring events... One is every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 10 weeks. The other is every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for 10 weeks.
BA_AdminBA_Admin

Ok, so when you select weekly select the days you want for the specific event, you can select Monday, Wednesday and Friday next to weekly, so this happens only on those days.

This was selected as the best answer
Terry411Terry411
this is where i apologize for not paying atttention. You're right and I wasn't thinking. I got too set on doing it daily and didn't see the forest for the trees. Thank you!
BA_AdminBA_Admin

Lol... :-) well atleast from now you don't have to do it daily ..