function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dgeeting_cvdgeeting_cv 

What exactly does IsPrivate field do?

It appears that if a user sets the IsPrivate field to true on an Opportunity record, all workflows are bypassed when saving the record.  I can't find any help text for this field and my best guess is that it would have something to do with a sharing model.  I would NOT have guessed that it bypasses workflow rules as that seems like a great way to get bad data into your org.  What other magic is tied to this field?

skodisanaskodisana

Hi,

Checkbox indicating that the opportunity is private. Only the record owner, users above that role in the hierarchy, and administrators can view, edit, and report on private opportunities.

This will not bypass any workflows or triggers. Please verify once again.

Thanks,

Kodisana

dgeeting_cvdgeeting_cv

It does in fact bypass workflows for me.  We have a workflow that updates the Opportunity name every time a record is created or edited.  If I create an Opportunity with IsPrivate set to false, the workflow executes as expected.  If I create an identical Opportunity, except with IsPrivate turned on, the workflow does not execute.  The debug log confirms that the workflow was never executed.  Maybe this is a bug?

gotherthanthougotherthanthou

What does the workflow do?

dgeeting_cvdgeeting_cv

The workflow sets the Opportunity name to a concatenation of a couple of standard text fields from the record.  It is setup to run on any create or edit and on all records (no criteria).

mxravimxravi

I am unable to find IsPrivate field. Could you please guide me through? I have a requirement where I need to by pass workflows for delivering a patch to the system. 

Dhara MaheshDhara Mahesh
Private Indicates that the opportunity is private. Only the record owner, users above that role in the hierarchy, and administrators can view, edit, and report on private opportunities. Not available in Group or Personal Editions. Private opportunities do not trigger Big Deal Alerts or workflow rules. Private opportunities count towards your forecasts only if you have Customizable Forecasting or Collaborative Forecasts enabled. Users with the “View All Forecasts” permission can see private opportunities within the Forecasts tab.
Reference:https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=opp_fields.htm&type=0
Guilherme OliveiraGuilherme Oliveira
Since no official documentation mentions this specific behaviour, this seems like a bug/issue with Salesforce. My recommendation would be to try and reproduce this behaviour on a new developer/scratch org and, if confirmed, contact Salesforce Support to open an Issue, so they can investigate further
Carmen GrossCarmen Gross
This answe is from: Amit Kumar Giri (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?feedtype=RECENT&criteria=BESTANSWERS#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=Configuration_Data_Management&criteria=OPENQUESTIONS&id=9063A000000pRuwQAE)

Private opportunities do not trigger Big Deal Alerts or workflow rules
Its mentioned here in this official docs. See the Private field descriptions  https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=opp_fields.htm&type=0