function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel HaselhanDaniel Haselhan 

Granting Customer Portal Users Read Rights on Product2 Table

Hello,

I am currently setting up a customer portal web app and I am using the Customer Portal Users within salesforce to query for everything. I am trying to query the Product2 but this is denied. Unfortunately Product2 is not a standard object so I can't find it under any of the typical permission settings/sharing settings pages.

Is there anyway to grant Read rights for the Product2 table to Customer Portal Users?

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Check the following things in org:

1. Go to Object (Product2) and Check that you have select “Available for Customer Portal” or not in “Optional features” . If not selected then select that checkbox.

2. Check the CRUD properties of Product2 object in customer portal user profile.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Daniel HaselhanDaniel Haselhan

Hey Ankit,

This would work if Product2 was a custom object but Product2 is the standard table of Products that are in the Standard Price Book. It is also not listed in the Profiles depsite being a standard object. As far as I can tell there is now way to modify read/write properties on this table :S.

Thanks for the help!

- Daniel H