function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RohitMRohitM 

Unable to create a report on Cases

Hi all,

I am trying to create a simple report on Cases. I've used the "Create New Report" button and then selected "Cases" from the "Customer Support Reports" section. In the report builder, I can't drag and drop the fields at all. When I drag a field on to the columns section, the field becomes "red" and goes back to the left panel when I drop it.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Rohit

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

When you are creating the report on case object before adding new field (by drag and drop) click on show drop down available in Preview and click on detail option after that add new field in case report.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

When you are creating the report on case object before adding new field (by drag and drop) click on show drop down available in Preview and click on detail option after that add new field in case report.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
RohitMRohitM

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your quick response. It worked. Can you elaborate on why we have to do this ? The rest of the reports seem to have this option by default.

Lalitha PavaniLalitha Pavani
Worked. Thanks Ankit