function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
elgutierelgutier 

Translator Workbech-How to Import

Hi all,

I´m trying to import a file with translated records.  I have opened the exported file from SF in MC Excel, done my updates in the UNTRANSLATED, 3rd column ( the same as the one used in the TRANSLATED section), I have saved as Encoded and done the load in SF and NOTHING...

Would anyone ( pleeassseeeee) help me on explaining what am I doing wrong?

Thank you :)

sanjdevsanjdev

Hi ,

Are you getting any error? If not then follow the below steps.

1. Open your saved Excel translation file
  2. Click File > Save As
  3. Choose your destination and file name. File type should be Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)
  4. Click Save
  5. Open Notepad  and click File > Open to choose your file
  6. Click Open
  7. Click Encoding > Convert to UTF-8 without BOM
  8. Click File > Save As
  9. In the File Name section, change the .txt extension to .stf
  10. Click Save

Now, you will be able to navigate to the import section of the translation workbench and import the .stf file. Once the import is complete, an email will return informing you if the file was successful or had errors. If errors occur, open your Excel workbook, make changes, then save and start from step two (2) in the above instructions.

Note: Best way is to export the translation workbench, set the translation value and import the same file. 

Note: Don't pull a translation file from your sandbox environment for translation - they Keys will not match up when trying to load the sandbox version of the translation file into production.

Please mark as resolved if it helps you or let know if any issue.

Cheers

Sanj

elgutierelgutier

Hi Sanj,

Thanks for your guidelines, unfortunately Im still experiencing issues when trying to import the information.  Basically when I manually update the values in the Salesforce Bilingual exported file I am able to load this translation but when I open the stf file in excel, save as txt with tabulations, open note pad, save as UTF -8 NO BOM and import, no changes appear in Salesforce.  I am sure the problem is the document format, but how do I fix this?

Also, I am trying to extract the "Helptext" values from SF, but that seems not to be exported.  Is it there a way to export that information?

Thank you.