function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ernie82Ernie82 

Hyperlink in Help Text?

I have a need to display a document for users that give them full detail on how/why to populate a given field.  The help text does not provide enough detail.

Ideally I would like to create a Static Resource that is a PDF that has a hyperlink in the Help Text so the user can view the detail if needed as they are creating/editing a new record.

I have a solution where I put reference the Static Resource in the Quick Links, I can then direct them to the Quick Link in the Help Text, but would rather it somehow be embedded in the create/edit page directly since the Quick Links show up all the time to all users.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ernie

Simon ThompsonSimon Thompson

You may like to check out my companies app... Improved Help for Salesforce as it covers this requirement.  

http://improvedapps.com/improvedhelp/

Improved Help allows Help Authors to:

• Define rich custom help content and add context-sensitive links to repurpose underused remote 'Help Resources';
  • Provide Helped Users with a locally branded, custom help portal and Quick Access Menu to access Help Tools;
  • Push rich content, in context, direct to the point of need - in situ, embedded within helped Salesforce application pages.

I work for Improved apps and we focus on niche apps that drive new levels of adoption for Salesforce users and System Administrators.