function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anu08anu08 

Regarding Email services

Hi I have a problem. I have a sample order form page. I send the fields information of that page through mail merge template to another non salesforce.com user. If that user update that fields how can we get the updated fields in salesforce sample order form page. Could any one give the solution for this problem? Thanks
NasipuriNasipuri

Page mean is this a Visual Force page ? Then you can use new and old value of the record and compare them.

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.Nasipuri@gmail.com

anu08anu08

That's not a visual force page. Its a general custom object.

My actual requirement is :

I have a custom field status which is "open" initially and send a link to non- salesforce user. When that user clicks on that link and updates the status to closed., then it will automatically updates the sttus to "close" in my Salesforce.com instance.

How can I get it?

NasipuriNasipuri

Hi Anu,

I think using the SFDC Sites features you can achieve this functionality.

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.Nasipuri@gmail.com

Suchitra PurushothamSuchitra Purushotham

Hi Anu,

There is an app named CMS force, please check them. They allow you to create VF pages using configuration. Also you can hold the relationship between the records using this app.

You can also use the Salesforce.com API in case you are using a .Net/Java kind of web page from where your non Salesforce user updates the data.

Regards,

Suchitra