function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlexOAlexO 

Wipe or Delete Developer Account

Hi guys,

I have been working on an app that contains multiple Objects, Clases, Pages, etc. I have eveything on Eclipse IDE and well backed up!

Time to move to a new app but my account has too much stuff going on... I ended up creating a new developer account so I can keep working on the new stuff but I am wondering if there is a way to either close the old account or completely wipe its configuration out such that I can start fresh for the new app.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

zoomerangzoomerang

I have the exact same issue myself; Whenever I want to reset a dev instance I have to either spent hours manually deleting everything (Which is almost impossible due to complex relationships preventing deletions), or just create a new one.

I'd love two things.

1- Cascade deletes of Objects/Classes/etc. When deleting something, give me the option of deleting everything that depends on it.

2- Reset an entire instance back to "Factory" settings. 

Jo_DengJo_Deng

I also would like to know of a way to completely wipe clean configuration and development of an instance.  If anyone has any recommendation, please respond.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Why don't you create a new developer account instead of using the old one, you can wipe out all the data either by dataloader, but it's going to take more time and you have to delete the objects manually , instead create a new one

AdamRodAdamRod

Another approach is to alter your username and email address in your personal setup "emailaddress1@hotmail.com."

Then create a new one with your email address again.   I'd assume Salesforce would close the original account after some time once no one has replied similar to the sandbox policy?

SFDC Prime SquadSFDC Prime Squad
You will not be able to refresh the sandbox as it is not linked to any production environment.
Meanwhile, you can use ANT or any other migration tool to prepare a backup or move salesforce setup from one developer org to another.
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi AlexO,

If you click on your name in the top right corner and then select "Settings"
you will be taken to a page, at the top is a section called "Salesforce Hands-on Orgs" you can click the X (even though it "looks" disabled to me!!) which will disconnect an Org from your Trailhead profile (you cannot remove the default though, so if you have only one, you will need to associate a clean one with your account, make it the default and then disconnect the dead one).

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi