function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
housingworkshousingworks 

Cloud Deploy hanging "in progress"

I created a new change set to deploy to production from my sandbox. On the incoming side, after I clicked "deploy" the set has been hanging for over 12 hours in an "in progress" mode. I have transferred many sets between the two sites before, without problem.

I can't get any help from SFDC support since this is still a Beta feature. I did notice in the Ideas board, that a few people have had similar problem in the past, but there was no note about any solution. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this problem?

Thanks,

Peter Robinson

Housing Works, Inc. 

denverForcedenverForce

Hey Peter

Did this ever finish or did you find a solution? I've been waiting over 24 hours now for one to finish.

I will probably need to manually deploy these items, but am worried if the process does eventually finish, it will overwrite what I have deployed.

What did you do to resolve this?

Thanks

housingworkshousingworks
I have still not solved the problem. The change sets are still hanging "in progress" (over two days now). I love the Cloud Deploy feature, but I have to go back to Eclipse for now.
JonPJonP

housingworks,

Please contact Customer Support again and insist they escalate your case.  Your change set is NOT in progress--there was a problem with the deployment, but something went wrong moving the state of your deployment to "Failed".

We are working to address this situation, but in the meantime your case will ensure we retroactively fix your "in progress" change set(s) to properly show as "Failed."

In the meantime, we recommend you deploy your changes using the Force.com IDE or the Force.com Migration Tool for Ant.

Thanks,

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager 

JonPJonP

denverForce,

Just to reiterate a point in my previous post, you do not need to worry that the "in progress" change set will complete eventually.  Since it's been over 24 hours, I'm quite confident it will not.  You may safely proceed with a deployment through other means.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager