function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ai2ai2 

Syncronizing Google Toolkit to Force.com

Hello, 

I am following the steps posted on the configuring the eclipse IDE to work with the google toolkit 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Google_Data_APIs_Toolkit_Setup

I am at the last step, where I need to syncronize my repository.  However I am getting errors when I attempt to save to the "Project to the Server".  I have tried several times removing and checking out the toolkit without any luck.  I have also rebuilt the workspace a number of times. Please help!!!

Thanks,

~amad

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
Save error: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation:
Class.CalendarService: line 19, column 12
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    AuthSubUtil.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 141    Force.com save problem
Class.DocumentService: line 16, column 12
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    DocumentServiceTest.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 8    Force.com save problem
Class.GoogleService.getFeed: line 101, column 27
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    SpreadsheetService.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 6    Force.com save problem
Class.SpreadsheetService: line 6, column 30
Class.GoogleService.getFeed: line 101, column 27
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    SpreadsheetServiceTest.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 7    Force.com save problem
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    BloggerService.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 5    Force.com save problem
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    CalendarService.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 19    Force.com save problem
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    ContactService.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 7    Force.com save problem
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    DocumentService.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 16    Force.com save problem
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    GoogleDataTest.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 7    Force.com save problem
GoogleData: line 405, column 17: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    GoogleService.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 101    Force.com save problem
Save error: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    CalendarServiceTest.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 63    Force.com save problem
Save error: Invalid constructor syntax, name=value pairs can only be used for SObjects    GoogleData.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 405    Force.com save problem
Save error: Must specify the metadata file    AuthSubController.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 0    Force.com save problem
Save error: Must specify the metadata file    JSONObject.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 0    Force.com save problem
Save error: Must specify the metadata file    TranslateService.cls    google_data_toolkit/src/classes    line 0    Force.com save problem
Save error: Required field is missing: label    authsub.page    google_data_toolkit/src/pages    line 0    Force.com save problem

PrazPraz

same error message for me:

Severity and Description    Path    Resource    Location    Creation Time    Id
Save error: SObject constructor must use name=value pairs    ZymeDeveloper/src/classes    TCIApex.cls    line 520    1268119653535    251

How to get rid of it :(

ai2ai2

I spent close to 2 weeks with Salesforce customer support on this issue.  Turns out the error is from Google.

1) In Eclipse, make sure you're in the Force.com perspective.  You will notice 3 of the classes (.cls) do not have matching meta.xml files.  (AuthSubController, JSONObject, TranslateServices).  Copy the content of these files to Notepad and delete the files from the google_data_toolkit.  Now, create the same class again using the old contents you copied into Notepad.  This will recreate the class with a meta.xml file.

2)  The Scheme added includes only 2 files (XMLDom and XMLDomTest).  Add the other files to the schema.

3)  You may need to change the apiVersion number of a few of the classes to 13 in the meta.xml files.  I don't remember which ones.

4)  Ensure you do not have any classes that may conflict when you attempt to 'Save to Server'.

I hope this helps.  Please write back as to what you were able to discover.  Best of luck.

Cheers,

~ai2

RashRocksRashRocks

Hi ,

Here is the solution:

1. Right click on the class  AuthSubController.cls  --> force.com--> refresh from server

2. A dialog box appears asking for opening the perspective. Click 'yes'

3. In the perspective right click on the class and click on 'apply server to project'

4. Switch to the force.com perspective and you will see that the error is resolved.

Let me know if this has solved your issue .

Rashmi

Kalho13Kalho13

I tried your solution Rashmi and it simply deleted 3 of the class files that were missing the meta.xml file.  In thinking about it further how would 'applying server to project fix the meta.xml issue when the files in question were never on the server.  My fault for not looking closer at the proposed solution.