function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MannySInghMannySIngh 

Customizing Help & Training

We are building an application on the force.com platofrm where we have created a lrge number of custom objects.

We are working on creating user documentation (help and training documents)  and would like to override the default link of Help on the top right corner of the page. 

Please advise how we can override that. If that is not possible, how can i remove that link. I do not want my users to see the salesforce help as that is not relevant to our app.

Message Edited by MannySIngh on 02-19-2010 01:48 PM
disturbed118disturbed118

setup -> Customize - > Help Settings

replace url with custom visualforce page or url to another domain hosted page.

or you can individually for the custom object on editing the custom object settings replace the help settings.

I took the first approach and created a help page manager controller. I overrided the standard help with this page that looks at a custom setting list that is mapped to a standard page and new url. If there is one for the link then go to the new help page otherwise show the standard help page for that link. If you need source code i can show you some.

With this approach you have complete control and easy configurable on what new pages you want to override easier.

JeffreyHallJeffreyHall

Ok so is there a way to override the Help and Training on the top right near setup,system log help and training Logout.

I do not want our customers calling Salesforce 

narensnarens

Hi,

Would you mind your implementation approach with some sample code snippets, to get better understanding of this?

Thanks,

Naren