function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NicGallerNicGaller 

Execute anonymous view debug statements

I apologize in advance for the very newbish question.

I have just installed the force.com IDE in eclipse 3.4.  Trying to run the following code:

System.debug('hello');

The view comes back with "Anonymous execution was successful" but should it not print the "Hello" statement?  The other settings are default - Log category "Apex Code" and Log Level Debug

Here is a screenshot:

Is there another setting I could check for this?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP

This is a due to a bug in the Spring '10 server release.  It is expected be fixed by a patch on 2/17 (tomorrow).  Once the fix is in place, Execute Anonymous will once again return debug information in your current IDE install.

The Force.com IDE for Spring '10 release has been delayed pending the completion of the Spring '10 server rollout. 

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager 

All Answers

NortsNorts

I'm going to guess that one of your IDE projects is pointing to Winter '10 and the other is pointing to a sandbox upgraded to Spring '10.  Spring '10 has a lot of new features for debugging, one being that it stores your session debug logs into files.

I have a similar situation where my production org is Winter '10, so the debug statements are just displayed, but some of the sandboxes are Spring '10, so it just shows the successful completed message.  Because of this I've started using the system log in the browser.  It now shows all of your transactions/interactions with the org in separate, manageable files. 

When the new version of the Force.com IDE plug-in comes along (it was expected yesterday), there should be a remedy for this. 

JonPJonP

This is a due to a bug in the Spring '10 server release.  It is expected be fixed by a patch on 2/17 (tomorrow).  Once the fix is in place, Execute Anonymous will once again return debug information in your current IDE install.

The Force.com IDE for Spring '10 release has been delayed pending the completion of the Spring '10 server rollout. 

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager 

This was selected as the best answer
NicGallerNicGaller
Aaah thanks for the info - thought I was going crazy!