function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FrankFFrankF 

Email Template with Lead and Campaign Info

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an email template for to send lead information to our partner (who is not in SFDC).  I can create everything I need but one of the requirements is that we show the partner all the campaigns that are associated with the lead as well as the more pedantic Name, Address, Phone, etc.

I've tried adding {!CampaignMember.Campaign Name} and {!Campaign.Name}both to no avail (they're just blank). How can I specify a one-to-many join on CampaignMember to Lead?

Is VF the only way to achieve this (ugh I am a total VF newbie)? I can think of umpteen ways to solve this with .NET integration but I'd like to try to keep it simple and within SFDC.

Thanks very much.

jkucerajkucera

Hi Frank - are you using a campaign member workflow email alert to send out the email?  If so, then campaign name should work with this merge field:

{!CampaignMember.Campaign}

However, this won't work for mass emails (as they are lead/contact based, not campaign member based) nor for lead/contact workflow email alerts.

FrankFFrankF

Hey John,

Thanks for the response. This is not a workflow. I'm simply creating an email template that can be selected from the Lead screen under the Send Email section.  Everything seems to work with the Lead fields but what I'd like to achieve is to show all the campaigns that are associated with this particular lead.

Regards,

Frank.

jkucerajkucera

Got it - for leads list views, you can't access campaign member date as there's no way for the system to know which campaign member's information you want to use given leads can have multiple members. 

The only way to leverage member info is with campaign member workflow email alerts or using code to send the emails.

FrankFFrankF
Ok, thanks anyway.
teemosaksteemosaks

Is it possible to pull this data into Custom Fields on the Lead object and display it that way?