function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeeRDeeR 

Add custom button - no visualforce pages offered

Hi all,

sorry if my title is not very helpful, I've come across a strange one..

When I go to Customize > Opportunities > Buttons and Links, and click New, then select VisualForce Page, I get no pages/content offered to me for that button.

I've successfully made a button previously, and this button still works on said page.

I've left it for some time, come back, copied the previous code/page and modified and when I go to make a button to use it, no pages.

I'm in my Sandbox.

I'm using Chrome and thought maybe there was some display issue with the pulldown menu so I tried in Firefox & IE as well. Same result.

Any ideas?

Regards

Dee

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DeeRDeeR

OK, it would seem that this blurb in the help points me to it:

• Visualforce pages used as custom links on the home page cannot specify a controller.
  • Visualforce pages used as custom buttons or links on detail pages must specify a standard controller of the same object.
  • Visualforce pages used as custom list buttons must use a standard list controller of the same object.

seems a bit strange to have this caveat, I'm hoping/planning to make quick a few VisualForce pages but I would have thought I'd be needing  to make my own controllers for some numbers of them.

I mod'ed the page and put in a standard controller and it came up in the list.

Funny thing is the other button that I have points to a page with a non standard controller.