function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlexOAlexO 

Eclipse does not deploy/save or refresh my project

Hi all,

You are gonna like this one!

I am getting an error on Eclipse 3.4.2 that restricts me to save, synchronize and/or deploy my project. It reads:

"Unable to fetch and save Force.com components to project:

The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later. (ALREADY_IN_PROCESS)"

Has anyone seen this error before? I have wait for 15 minutes (my max waiting capacity :( ), tried to refresh, deploy, save... but this error is not letting me go anywhere.

Suggestions are welcome

Alex

andhra123andhra123

Hi Alex,

I am also facing the same issue, i have waited for more than an hour:smileysad: but still the problem is there.

Please inform if you are able to overcome this issue.

Thanks

AaronCAaronC

This has been known to happen when Salesforce is implementing a patch.  The solution is just to wait until they are done.

I have also encountered this while running all test classes.  In this case there is no solution as it appears to be unrelated to patching and has been happening consistently for over a month now. 

lcamposlcampos

"Unable to fetch and save Force.com components to project: The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later. (ALREADY_IN_PROCESS)"

Just had this error now, it happened while running tests from Eclipse and Eclipse crashed, waited for half an hour and got the same error, closed Eclipse, refreshed the project and same error. I fixed it running tests directly from my org. Go to Develop > Apex Classes > Run All Tests. After tests ended i had no problem to save changes from Eclipse again. I think it might be some loop caused by running tests from Eclipse and it crashing, cause my version (3.4.1) is different from others who have experienced this. Hope this helps someone else.

JesseAJesseA

Having this issue. Tried running all test via the UI but got the same error.

Anybody have any updated information?

EDIT: It seems to have cleared itself out before support could actually look at whats going on. 

Chris DaviesChris Davies

Any update on this?

JesseAJesseA

Don't have anything to add but mine did clear out in the same day, actually didnt take that long.

Chris DaviesChris Davies

I have been having the same error, when I try to run test:

Organization Administration Locked The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later.

Did you ever get an answer for this?

JesseAJesseA

I never got an official answer. I've seen it in two cases:

1. Somebody else on my team is pushing to production - wait for them to finish

2. Somebody was pushing to production or running a test and either they cancelled it at a weird time or it just gets stuck. - Wait for stuck process to time out, can be a while sometimes. 

JohnnyhairJohnnyhair

I have read each message above.  I am experiencing this with any sandbox org I create (both Config & Dev).  I am running Eclipse 3.6.2 w/ the most recent IDE (tried using Eclipse for Windows and Mac, same results).  I can't seem to depoy a single object without getting the ALREADY_IN_PROCESS error message.

I have also tried to Run All Tests for the Classes in my org (Veeva org) from within the org, same error message.  I find it strange this is happening when I'm trying to deploy a single custom object, regardless of the target org I am deploying to.  I am using brand new sandboxes that nobody else has access to so I'm 99.99 % that there are no other processes in progress. 

SabrentSabrent

I experienced this error when deploying from Developer Sandbox to Full Sandbox. Found that other person was running all test cases in Full Sandbox. 

MrBungleMrBungle

This happened to me after I accidentally clicked the "Run All Tests" button in our sandbox's setup. I would get this error trying to save any changes to classes. The run all tests can take a considerable amount of time depending what you org has for classes.

AKKAKK

Hi All,

So has salesforce released any patch for this or someone has find any solution for this ??

Kirill_YunussovKirill_Yunussov

Having this issue right now in Sandbox - CS15 instance.  

Started off when I was saving a class using MyEclipse, which triggered some kind of a deployment from Force.com IDE into Sandbox org.   This deployment can be seen in SF UI:  Setup  > Deploy > Monitor Deployments.    It shows that there is a deployment of some sort, initiated by me, and is "In Progress".

In the meantime, I can no longer save any classes via MyEclipse nor via SF UI - says: 

Organization Administration Locked

The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later.