function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gee76Gee76 

Need assistance to populate a custom object “A” when data is inserted into Custom Object “B”

Need assistance to populate a custom object “A” when data is inserted into Custom Object “B”.

To populate object “A”, I need to fetch data from object b, C and D. All these are custom objects.

I’m currently using .NET and use API to insert records. Is there a way I can implement this using code or Workflow?  Also, when to use Apex code vs SOQL from .NET code?  

Thanks in advance.

Geet

DataBeastDataBeast

Thats a very vauge question, you could map the fields from one object to another, pull the values into a custom object, data table... etc. To be honest without being more specific its hard to give any advice.

Also apex code is server side and SOQL is a query language so use SOQL to get and set information and use apex to apply business logic to the process. So far as I know this is right anyway.

Gee76Gee76
Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm not trying to do a manual data import here. Currently, data is inserted into Custom Object “A” programmatically. I want every insert into Object “A” to trigger a function which will insert data into object “B” retrieving information objects A, C and D. And I want to set this up as a real time process. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks in advance.