function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CarlSpoonCarlSpoon 

Modify Custom Object Permission

Does anyone know how to modify a Custom Object Permission,  under the Manage User/Profiles?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CarlSpoonCarlSpoon
Apparently, you cannot edit a SalesForce profile template; you have to make a copy of it, which creates a custom profile (with a check marked), then you can modify the newly created custom profile.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Sure, just press Edit at the top of the profile if you have those permissions (applies only to EE and up though).
CarlSpoonCarlSpoon

I just learn that due to a new 2010 frame release, we cannot edit certain profile.  We can only edit a Custom Profile.

werewolfwerewolf
That's not due to a new release, it has always been that way.
forceful2forceful2
I had installed a "managed released" package for limited test and deployment in a test Org for "Admin" only. I later wanted to deploy it to other profiles. When I could not include grant other profiles "full access", I installed the same version of the package again in the same Org, this time providing "full access" to "Standard User". But the objects that were developed in the Dev Org, and included in the released package, still show up as unchecked for each of R/C/E/D, for the profile's "custom object permission". As the Admin, I am unable to edit by clicking "Edit".
CarlSpoonCarlSpoon
Apparently, you cannot edit a SalesForce profile template; you have to make a copy of it, which creates a custom profile (with a check marked), then you can modify the newly created custom profile.
This was selected as the best answer