function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wattsswattss 

Reordering steps in an Approval process

I am currently evaluating Salesforce.com for my company. One of the areas of interest is Workflow and Approvals.

From the Salesforce.com web site I have been able to follow a video presentation on creating a multiple step approval process. From my own tests I have been able to add, edit and delete steps. The functionality I would like to see is the re-ordering of steps. Is this possible? If it is how is this achieved?

JimRaeJimRae

According to he online help:

To change the order of your active approval processes, change the numbers in the Process Order column and click Reorder.

This feature is available in: Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Editions

Message Edited by JimRae on 02-24-2010 08:16 PM
wattsswattss

Jim,

Thank you for your reply. Being somewhat new to Salesforce I don't think I identified where I was looking to change the step order.

I see from the Approval Process page where the process for an object are listed that the process order can be changed where there are multiple process for an object.

I am looking at the Approval Steps on the Process Definition Detail page. It is here that I have multiple steps and I am looking to reorder them.

Is my understanding of the approval process wrong?

BTW I'm using the Developer Edition of Salesforece.

Thanks,

Steve 

JimRaeJimRae

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I just looked at that, it appears there is a bug or something, I can't seem to reorder the steps from there either  The only thing close I can do is to create a new step with an earlier number and it pushed everthing else down.

Not sure why it isn't working, hopefully someone else will jump in and educate both of us on this.

kajarkkajark

Existing approval steps cannot be re-ordered.

Must create new step, insert at appropriate level, and delete old steps.

You can promote the idea on the Idea Exchange

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000BpmDAAS

DanO41DanO41
Thank Kajark!  The workaround is adequate, but annoying.   

Anyone reading this should please go upvote this feature.   Obviously they can be re-ordered by inserting or delting anything prior so the underlying platform supports it, they just need a UI to facilite this so we don't have to churn so much for something so simple.

Up-vote!:
https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000BpmDAAS