function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hmullinhmullin 

How to get started

I've logged in at SalesForce.com and then clicked "Run Tutorials" (enrolled as basic developer). This takes me to DeveloperForce with a list of tutorials.  Where does one go from here?? Nothing clicks or activates and it appears I've been signed out (some button called "De Login" appears at the top - signing in again just repeats the loop).

Also dl'd something called Force.com Workbook and see that I have to create something called a Sandbox. However, nothing resembling "sandbox" appears on the path yourname>setup>data management>sandbox.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Harry

GoldwinGoldwin

First you need to create an account at developer.force.com, if you have already then login. It will take you to the saleforce application.

Then follow the instructions in the workbook. it has clear instructions to do the examples.

patflapatfla

I've done force.com workbook Tutorial #s 1-4 but would repeat the second half of the original question.

I've done force.com workbook Tutorial #s 1-4 but would repeat the second half of the original question.

For #5 you need to create a Sandbox except that, in the free version I'm using to test out salesforce, I don't see an item Sandbox under Setup | Data Management - nor anywhere else that I've looked.

patflapatfla

Didn't mean to repeat the first sentence.  Must have fumbled my way to an inadvertent copy-and-paste.