function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pmozz01pmozz01 

How to expose custom child object to opportunity in Customer Portal

Hi, I am hoping someone here can help me to figure out the best way to accomplish this.  I have a custom object that is a child of the Opportunity.  I want to be able to expose that child object to multiple customer portal users, but cannot figure out a way to do this.  If I break the master-detail relation between the opportunity and the child, and create an object in between, how do I keep that relationship without forcing my users to create an additional object?  Has anyone had to do something like this in the past?  Thanks for any ideas!

ahab1372ahab1372

1. you need to enable the object for the profiles of the customer portal users (go to the profile and check the onject permissions)

2. you need to include the related list for the object in  the opportunity page layout (do the customer portal users really view the opportunities?)

3. If it is a master-detail relationship, the portal users need to have read access to the opportunity. If that is not what you want, make it a lookup relationship. No need for an additional object in between the two.