function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael SyproMichael Sypro 

Attachments

I need to attach documents to opportunities, but I also need to define those documents with a name and type (product quote, fabric sample, etc...).  I don't think I can use the standard Notes and Attachments object because I can't add a type field.  Can I create my own custom object similar to this that will upload a file and can be attached to an opportunity?  I tried to use Content, but I can't create a New button from the opportunity.  I also can't ensure they don't save it to their own personal workspace (therefore bypassing the required field on the page layout).
Any help at all is appreciated (even pointing to a good appexchange app).
Thanks!

I need to attach documents to opportunities, but I also need to define those documents with a name and type (product quote, fabric sample, etc...).  I don't think I can use the standard Notes and Attachments object because I can't add a type field.  Can I create my own custom object similar to this that will upload a file and can be attached to an opportunity?  I tried to use Content, but I can't create a New button from the opportunity.  I also can't ensure they don't save it to their own personal workspace (therefore bypassing the required Opportunity field on the page layout).

Any help at all is appreciated (even pointing to a good appexchange app).

Thanks!

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can not customize standard notes and attachments.

The best way is to create a custom object "File" and under which create custom fields product quote, fabric sample, etc..... Create a lookup / master-detail relationship with the opportunity and Add Notes and Attachments related list to default page layout of the custom object.

Whenever you will upload a file, it will showup under opportunity related list and clicking on the file name will lead you to the uploaded file.

files

Actionfile NameProduct QuoteFabricSample
Edit | DelQuote for xyztest quotetest fabrictest sample

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

jaya sai prasadjaya sai prasad

Hi,

If you want to send an Email with Attachment a native salesforce app MassMailer DOCS is perfect for you.
 MassMailer DOCS let’s you send mass email attachments to your leads or contacts while securely storing your files with Rackspace Cloud Files.

You can try this app by installing from appexchange  -Massmailer Docs

You can learn more details about the product on this website - docs.massmailer.io