function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
QAGal650QAGal650 

Can I run code coverage outside of creating Unit Tests

Howdy!  I'm new to Force.com!

My question is...is there any way outside of running writing unit test code, can I exercise the force.come code coverage tool?  For instance, I would like to exercise the code also thru the app Selenium or other methods.  I suspect there isn't, but I want a confirmation from someone who knows force.com/VisualForce/etc. well.  I did searches on the threads here and on Google and it seems all users are using the code coverage thru writting Unit Tests, which is why I think there is no code coverage tool that is tied in to the APEX environment.  Are there other tools that does code coverage of Apex code outside of the internal code you run thru your unit tests.

Also, anyone that has done backend testing using Apex, please share your approach on how you set up to do backend testing?

Thanks much, :womanhappy:

Joanna

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Shilpa_SFShilpa_SF

Hi,

You are right , The only way for Code Coverage in Apex code is through writting Unit Tests ,  there is no tool which supports this. You will have to write all the unit test methods in order to make sure your code is compliant