function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mukesh_AgarwalMukesh_Agarwal 

Need to create a website displaying reports

I am new to Force.com.

I want to create a website where in any user can enter some data in the first 2 pages and can see reports based on the entered data in the 3rd page. I want that it should be visible to anyone like any other webpage.

Is it possible to develop the same using Force.com.

I am using Force.com and not SalesForce CRM. I know how to create Custom objects and Reports, but don't know how to display those in web pages.

SurekaSureka

Hi,

You can acheive this functionality with the help of Force.com Site and visual force pages.

For more info on Force.com Site and VF, refer Visual force developers Guide and http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Force.com_Sites.

Thanks

Hi Sureka, Thanks for your reply.

I have already created the reports and VF site.

But I am not able to integrate it.

PS>> I am a Force.com free user.

SurekaSureka

Hi,

I don't think you can integrate Reports with VF. Report page should also be a VF page. Then you can add this page to your site and view the result.

THanks

I have created reports by creating custom objects and by using Force.com Reports tab.

Now, what should I do to convert the Report page to VF page.

SurekaSureka

Hi,

You can't convert Reports to VF. You need to build the report page in VF.Hope you got it.

Thanks

Thanks Sureka.

Now its clear.

Is there any UI to create reports and charts in VF or I have to write Apex code?

SurekaSureka

Hi,

You need to create Visual force page. VF page takes care of the page Look and Feel and you need to write the Apex class to build the logic and display records in VF.

Thanks

Ok. I will try to do that.

I am very much new to Apex class. So will search for some related source code.

Meanwhile, if you have any link, which could help me in learning/doing this, please let me know.