function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kathirkathir 

Steps to create Custom field datatype as Radio Button

Hi , 

I want to create Custom field datatype as radiobutton say eg. like (Male or Female) , 

1.      While Creating For this Custom field which datatype should i use ?. there is no radio button.

2.      Actually Creating Objects are like creating tables in SQL. and custom fields are Columns and datatypes.

so i m little bit confused i searched for boolean datatype but it is also not available . 

any help thanks in advance 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

In my opinion, you should create a picklist with two values Male and Female instead of checkbox. As you are a beginner, you should not try for the complicated things. Picklist will be easier to you.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

BManojKumarBManojKumar

Kathir,

For your requirement I guess you can go for a picklist or Check box datatype. If you are going for a checkbox field , then just add a validation rule to avoid the selection of both the check boxes.

Good day.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

In my opinion, you should create a picklist with two values Male and Female instead of checkbox. As you are a beginner, you should not try for the complicated things. Picklist will be easier to you.

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer