function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kathirkathir 

Diff b/w datatype Picklist and Lookup Relationship

Hi , 

According to my scenario ,  i created Objects and In standard field It asked (Auto number or text) . I choosed

Autonumber and set it name as UserID. and Created some custom fields called UserName.

Now my requirement is ,

I created another objects and in that object now ,i created Custom fields datatype as Lookup relationship . and added previous object name . while running its showing only UserID and Not UserName . 

I want to show UserName .

1.            how to show that? .

2.            In Picklist can we do it (or) LookupRelationship ?

3.            Which is best and easy way?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can edit the default view layout to see the more information like User Name etc. When you create a custom object then a default view layout is created by the system containing the minimum information. You need to edit the layout to see more inofmation. To edit the layout click the object tab. You will see the following on the top of the page.

View:  All Edit | Create New View

Click the edit and you will find a page where you can set the layout as per your requirements and next time when you come on the page click Go and you will be able to see the desired information. You can also create different view layouts by clicking on Create New View Link.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

kathirkathir

Thx Pradeep , but My Scenario is that I m using That objects in another object by lookup Relationship instead of picklist

eg. say  Objects 1 and 2 . In Object1 I have userID and UserName. 

I want to show these UserName in Combox in Another form that is in Object1 . at that time it shows Only Standard Fields in New window. 

plz suggest Any Idea or solution