function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
uzairuzair 

How to add value(s) to Forecast picklist Field.

Hi all,

Is there any way so that i can add a value(s) to Forecast standard picklist field.

If yes, please guide me to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance.

mh218mh218

Standard or Customizable Forecasting enabled?  I'm assuming by your question that you don't have Customizable Forecasting enabled.  What picklist are you referring to?  Since Forecast isn't a standard object You probably should take a look at the Opportunity Sales Processes.  It sounds like you might be able to make your needed changes there.  Also, check out the Help & Training link - there is an entire section on Forecasting.

https://na2.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/forecasts_def.htm

Just make sure to change the na2 to the server your org sits on if it is not na2 as well

uzairuzair

I'm talking about the Forecast Standard Picklist Field in Opportunity Object. I'm able to edit the categories of Forecast field. Is there any way to add or remove categories??

Hope this will help you to understand my question.

Thanks in advance.

mh218mh218

You can rename the different categories, and using an opportunity sales process tied to the appropriate record type you can exclude certain values from showing but I don't think you can add values.  Forecasting follows a standard forceasting logic - curious as to what the case would be to add another forecast category regardless of whether you are using standard or customizable forecasting.

If you can provide a bit more context around the use case I'd be happy to try to help further.