function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kstites2001kstites2001 

Opportunity Line Item Custom Fields

I have 2 custom fields on the opportunity line item that are Quantity 1 and Sales Price 1.  I need these fields to mirror on the quoting object.  This doesn't seem to be available to do through a formula field.  Is there are way to do this?

SFFSFF

I've only ever been able to do this with a trigger. You have to be very specific - do you want to synchronize these fields with every quote, the synchronized quote, or a specific quote? The logic is different for each one. Also, if a corresponding change is made at the quote level, should the change roll up? And how does this impact synchronization?

This can get fairly complex fairly quickly.

kstites2001kstites2001
So I want the line items to be in sync always so that if it changes the opportunity line item it updates the quote if the quote line item changes it updates the opportunity. I was planning a trigger but wanted to know if that was feasible to do. Kim Stites Lead Salesforce and Marketo Administrator 901 Mariners Island Blvd Suite 200 San Mateo, CA 94404 USA Direct: +1.650.539.3524 Mobile: +1.801.573.0935 www.marketo.com[cid:image001.png@01CDB203.F57E6600] [cid:image002.png@01CDB203.F57E6600]Discover how to add social to every marketing activity with our new Definitive Guide
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
I have created a blog for this issue Please check below link :- 
http://amitsalesforce.blogspot.in/2014/11/syncing-custom-fields-between-quotes.html

Please like this post if above link is helpful 

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8

QuoteLineItem to OpportunityLineItem :-

If you want to sync OpportunityLineItem form QuoteLineItem then please create a formula field.
You won't be able to create it using the wizard, but you can manually enter the "OpportunityLineItem.Id" as the formula, for a formula field on QuoteLineItem. 
After that to sync OpportunityLineItem from QuoteLineItem you can write a trigger. It will easy for you in this case you will get OpportunityLineItem.Id .

OpportunityLineItem to QuoteLineItem :-

Please try below code
http://amitsalesforce.blogspot.in/2014/11/syncing-custom-fields-between-quotes.html

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary