function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankit GargAnkit Garg 

Insufficient Privileges issue while user trying to create the standard quote record.

Hi,

Whenever a user with "Channel Sale Manager" profile trying to create standard quote record on opportunity, system is throwing below error :

Insufficient Privileges

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

Opportunity is created by partner user and owner of opportunity is of "Channel Sales Manager" profile.

Please help.

Best Answer chosen by Ankit Garg
rrubin128rrubin128
I just had the same problem.

My solution: sharing on the pricebooks.  The new role didn't have access to the pricebooks.  Added a sharing rule for the pricebook(s), and that fixed it.

All Answers

VaasuVaasu
User who is trying to create quote and owner are same? If not same check the sharing settings of opportunity and check the roles of the user. It might be an issue with sharing access.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Ankit, 

Go to the Profile and under Standard Object settings, See the access agianst Quotes. 

Regards,

Ashish

Ankit GargAnkit Garg
Hi,

Yes, end user is the Owner of the opportunity.

After doing some R &D , I found that the problem is occuring for a particular "User Role" and for particular opportunities (even user is the Owner of them), but still not sure what is the exact problem with that User Role.

Please help.
Chia-Ling ChiangChia-Ling Chiang
Hi Ankit,

Have you figured out why the "User Role" would affect quoting privileges? I just ran into the same problem with one of our users.

Thanks.
BL User2BL User2
I also ran into the same problem . 
2 users with the same profile.
One can save a quote and the other cannot.
They do have a different role , but how can role affect quote permissions ?
rrubin128rrubin128
I just had the same problem.

My solution: sharing on the pricebooks.  The new role didn't have access to the pricebooks.  Added a sharing rule for the pricebook(s), and that fixed it.
This was selected as the best answer