function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raja236Raja236 

Duplicate of standard object

Hi,

Why SalesForce is  not providing error while we create other custom object with same Standard Object name

Thanks and Regards

Raja

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

The reason being is that whenever you create a custom object, salesfore appends __c to its name. Like if you create a custom object say with name "Account", salesforce will append __c to make API name of this object as "Account__c". Whereas the API name of standard object "Account" is "Account" only. By this there will always be difference between API names, which matter most in salesforce.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Happy to help you!

Raja236Raja236

ya i have understood only __c matters, but API name is simalar to lable name  either  in  standard or Custom . In custom API name refeclects with __c.

can i conclude it as Salesforce's bug.

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

This is not salesforce bug. It is their to make customers life easire. Salesforce allows customer to have Label according to their need. If you change Label of an object, there will not be any impact on your code base. However, if you change API name of an object, there will be lots of impact on your existing code base. So be careful before updating API name.