function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KathiKathi 

Custom Button merge fields not displayed

Hi everyone,

We want to create a new custom button on our opportunities, which copies some fields of an exisiting opportunity and adds other values as well. Below is the code, I've generated so far. The problem I have is, that the merge fields are not shown in the newly created opportunity. All other values are entered correctly. I've tried for hours, but i just couldn't make the button work correctly. Your help in this is much appreciated.

Thanks

Best wishes
Kathi

/006/e?retURL=%2F006%3Ffcf&RecordType=012L0000000Crg9&ent=Opportunity
opp4_lkid={!Account.Id}&
opp4_lkold={!Account.Name}&
CF00NL0000002uD17_lkid={!Opportunity.Contact__c}&
conid={!Contact.Id}&
opp3={!Opportunity.Name & ' - Extension'}&
opp5=Extension&
00ND0000005gFYM={!Opportunity.Sector__c}&
opp9={!Today()}&
00ND0000005gFYD={!Opportunity.Opportunity_Number__c}&
opp11=Identify&
opp12=10&
opp7=0&
00ND0000005gFY2=Not Required&
opp6={!Opportunity.LeadSource}&
opp17={!Opportunity.Campaign}&
opp14=Extended Project ({!Opportunity.Description})
digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

Which fields not going through?

KathiKathi
Dear Digamber,

Thanks for your post. Today I've found out, that the button is used as a button on a related list of the opportunity, where the merge fields are working.

I've thought that it should be a list view button, where you select an existing opportunity and then the fields copied over. In this case the merge fields (opportunity name, account id/name, contact id/name, other custom fields) did not work. Any thoughts about this are still appreciated.

For another user 1 field (auto-opportunity number that should have been brought across to the nexw opportunity) of the first option (button on related list) also did not work, but we've now found out, that this was due to the field having a read-only permission. So at least this issue is solved.

I would still like to know, how to get custom buttons in list views working, that refer to merge fields. If that's not possible using URL hacking, but only apex or java programming, I at least know that for future projects.

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes
Kathi