function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dturkeldturkel 

DataLoader v22: Extract (Mapping) Issue & Source Code Location

All:

I am trying to resolve an issue with DataLoader v22 complaining about a field in my mapping file while trying to do a fairly simple extract.  In DataLoader's log, it appears that the first character of my field is getting prepended with some other strange character (it shows up looking at the log in Notepad, but never cut-and-pastes into these HTML forms).

2011-07-26 22:31:30,046 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:211) - Unable to run process nulljava.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.mapping.Mapper$InvalidMappingException: No such field id on entity Accountat com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:136)at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:74)at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:226)Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.mapping.Mapper$InvalidMappingException: No such field id on entity Accountat com.salesforce.dataloader.mapping.SOQLMapper.getSfdcField(SOQLMapper.java:217)at 

I was convinced this was a file/character encoding issue, but it doesn't seem to occur on every character of the field, and I've also tried converting the format of the mapping file.  Here are the contents of the mapping file (no strange/special characters appear when using VIM or Notepad)

Id=SFDC_ID
Name=NAME
ParentId=SFDC_PARENT_ID

I'd track this down myself, but I also can't find the corresponding source code on sourceforge for this version of DataLoader -- so I can't find the "SOQLMapper" class.  Does anyone know where to find it?

Thanks,

Dave

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
dturkeldturkel

I determined the root cause of this issue:

I created the Mapping file in Visual Studio 2010, first by creating a new Text file, then adding the name/value mappings.

Opening the Mapping file in a Hex Editor revealed three non-visible bytes/characters prepended in file.  Removing them fixed the issue.  Subsequent edits to the Mapping file in VS2010 worked without issue.

This seems like a VS2010 bug.

David

All Answers

dturkeldturkel

Please note that I have executed this successfully using Dataloader v19, so this seems to be particular to v22 (or 20/21?)

The source is not available on sourceforge for this version of Dataloader, from what I can tell :(

dturkeldturkel

I determined the root cause of this issue:

I created the Mapping file in Visual Studio 2010, first by creating a new Text file, then adding the name/value mappings.

Opening the Mapping file in a Hex Editor revealed three non-visible bytes/characters prepended in file.  Removing them fixed the issue.  Subsequent edits to the Mapping file in VS2010 worked without issue.

This seems like a VS2010 bug.

David

This was selected as the best answer