function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
delanc1delanc1 

Install package into org with duplicate fields?

I'm creating an "extension" to a client's salesforce org in which I use some of their custom fields. When I package my code up, it wants to include these custom fields since there are dependencies. This creates an issue with installing the package because the fields already exist in the client's org, so the install fails due to duplicate custom fields.

Any way around this? Thanks

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Can you change the name of fields on existing org? Or the fields there are also packaged?

1) How existing org have the same the same fields? Means created manually or in the package.

2) if there is a package then what exactly you mean by extension? Is this is extension to the package installed or a separate development which is going to be involved in the target organization?

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

delanc1delanc1

The names of the fields on the existing org must stay the same. 

By extension, I mean I have a couple tabs with visualforce pages that combine their data and other data from an external resource into the same datatable. So, I'm querying their existing data and combining it with related external data. Since these queries use the custom fields in their org, the package tries to include them and then it can't be installed.