function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jagjitsingh@indivar.comjagjitsingh@indivar.com 

Pages

Hi

I have following fields

Order_no , Order_date , Customer Name(Lookup Field) , Product Code , Quantity , Value .

Should i create 1 table or should i create Master-Detail relationship. Product Code , Quantity , Value can be multiple in 1 Order .

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

According to 1NF, you should order your data such that there is no duplication of data. Thus, you should have two objects, one that the describes the order itself (order number, order date, customer name), and the other that describes the line items (product code, quantity, value). This would be the recommended approach of database design.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

According to 1NF, you should order your data such that there is no duplication of data. Thus, you should have two objects, one that the describes the order itself (order number, order date, customer name), and the other that describes the line items (product code, quantity, value). This would be the recommended approach of database design.

This was selected as the best answer
jagjitsingh@indivar.comjagjitsingh@indivar.com

Hi SFDCFox

That is accepted . Now i want to create a page like this

Order no   :                                                           Order Date :                                                Customer Name:

Product no          Quantity                              Value

Delete Button        Pr1                         5                                       100

Add New Row

When user clicks on Add New Row , another row will be added and user will be able to add another Line Items.

Then there should be Save Button when user clicks on this Data is added in both the tables.

I will be very thankful to u , if u can provide help with Page & code on this.

Thanks