function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
irlrobinsirlrobins 

Instant Search using Javascript Remoting Article/Demo - Can't find it!!!

Hey all,

Looking for some help in locating an article/demo online that I recently saw but for the life of me can't locate again.

The article/demo showed how you could use javascript remoting to create an instant search functionality. The demo had a input field and as the user entered text (i.e. account name) the results (account details) dynamically updated below. In much the same way that Google instant search works, the more characters you enter the more accurate the results and the returned results update on each character entered.

Does anyone remember the article/demo I'm referring to?

Someone pointed me at http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2010/07/13/building-a-dynamic-search-page-in-visualforce/ but this wasn't the article I read myself.

Thanks all!

R

irlrobinsirlrobins

Thanks Ankit,

I had come across your page in my search. Couple of questions: Will this work with mutliple results? Your example only returns one result (Limit 1), so could it work in the case where the query returns mutliple records?

You example also functions using a button. I'm assuming that the button could be replaced with a

onkeyup action on the input field?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

You should try this, and I hope yes we can have multiple records too.

I have not tried it though but will provide you the code if you can't make it.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Harshala_InfyHarshala_Infy
Hi ankit, that link is not working, may you have removed page or so. Let me know from where i can refer the link for same scenario. Did anyone got the solution to get multiple records in java script remotig? Help me out.