function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MktdevMktdev 

Knowledgement- Restricting all Portal user to view Articles based on Data Category Group

Since Portal User roles are created runtime so how to restrict a Articles based on Data Category Group.

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Hi,

Currently there is no real clean possibility, as the data category visibility settings are not available in the metadata API (yet).

There are 2 possible workaround:

If you don't have to many different "profiles" of customers and if you are not using today the account owner feature (customer role is inherits from the account owner role), you can have all different profiles of customers managed through some fake account owner users. When an account is created you can then set the owner to the user matching the profile.

If this solution does not work for you (too many customer profiels or if you are using the account owner feature), then you have to build a custom article search page which will restrict the data categories based on the current user profile (asset or products owned for exemple).

Etienne 

ajbtv23ajbtv23

We are using High Volume Portal users, so Data Category restrictions based on roles won't work for our scenario.  However, I have a requirement to limit Product Specific information to users in accounts with that product/asset.

With the requirements being that FAQs for Product A are available to User A, and the fact that I cannot do data category restrictions on roles due to license, I know I can build a custom page and controller to run a search on knowledge, but am I correct that Case diversion for the service cloud will provide the users with a "resticted" article?  Meaning that User B  could see FAQs for Product A if they open a case keywording Product A in the subject because Knowledge search will find the article.

Is there any way to provide Knowledge filters based on asset and keep case deflection as well if I am correct?