function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HariDineshHariDinesh 

Can we hide "Help for this Page" link in related lists

Hi

i want to hide the salesforce provided Help link which is available in all pages.

especially i want  to hide th link in Relates list, for example"Open Activities Help" in Open Activities related list.

is there any option to hide this link by configuring Layouts or through profiles or any options for this?

Thank you for the Help..

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi HariDinesh,

The "Help Links " on related list is standard salesforce function and salesforce has not exposed it for customization and does not provide the facility of removing the links .

Do let me know if this answers your query.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi HariDinesh,

The "Help Links " on related list is standard salesforce function and salesforce has not exposed it for customization and does not provide the facility of removing the links .

Do let me know if this answers your query.

This was selected as the best answer
HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi Ispita Saha,

Yes, it is standard salesforce feature and i dint find any option to remove the links.

but i want to confirm my self once.

Thanks For Reply..

@ImJohnMDaniel@ImJohnMDaniel

Hari,

There is a potential workaround to this limitation.

Essentially the help section of the related list is an HTML DIV tag that is given the CSS class of "help".  You can hide it with a CSS attribute of "display:none"

Here is what I would do:

1. Create a new VisualForce page and give it the standard controller of the parent object to the related list that you want to hide the help section on.
  2. In the VisualForce page, add some CSS to select the "help" class and set the "display:none;"
  3. Add a new section to the page layout of the parent object.  Put it at the bottom of the display just above the related lists.  Leave the header display off in both Detail and Edit Page modes.  Make the section a single column.
  4. Insert the VisualForce page into that section. Change the height of the VisualForce page insert to be 1px so that it really does not display.

The visual force page does nothing except bring custom CSS in to the overall standard SalesForce.com page setup.  If you get the CSS selector correct, then it will effective remove the help section from view and achieve the design goal.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!