function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaxdmasterjaxdmaster 

Salesforce platform user license type

Hi Guys,

I want to have CRM Content Manager on Salesforce Platform License type user. Can I have it?

Thanks

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The following should answer your question:-

Special Access Rules

• Customer and Partner Portal users must have the “View Content in Portal” permission to query content in libraries where they have access.
  • Customer and Partner Portal users can only publish, version, or edit documents if they have a Salesforce CRM Content feature license.
  • All users with a content feature license can create versions in their personal library.
  • Users (including users with the “View All Data” permission) can only query files they have access to, including:
    • All Salesforce CRM Content files in libraries they're a member of and in their personal library, regardless of library permissions (version 17.0 and later).
    • All Chatter files they own, posted on their profile, posted on groups they can see, and shared directly with them (version 21.0 and later).
  • All users can update versions in their personal library.
  • The owner of a version or document can update the document if they are a member of the library, regardless of library permissions.
  • To update a Salesforce CRM Content document, the user must be a member of the library with one of these library privileges enabled:
    • “Add Content”
    • “Add Content On Behalf of Others”
    • “Manage Library”

Please refer to the line - All users with a content feature license can create versions in their personal library - so ideally you can get it activated with  Salesforce Platform License type user.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.