function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kiranmutturukiranmutturu 

uploading data in to salesforce through dataloader

i need to upload accounts and contacts in to salesforce but once we upload the accounts how can we map accounts to contacts...

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

Hi Kiran,

What exactly you mean by uploading?

from any different database?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

actually i tried to connect to oracle 10g but i came to know we can't conncet to multiple sources in a single process. But for the time being I am having now 2 CSV fiels one is account and second one is contact .. but i am uable to insert those records in to salesforce using native dataloader itself.. i am facing problem while uploading the contacts csv file...but i had an external id field in account and contact. but how can i upload contacts which has the same account associated to all those contacts.. i am failing here.....

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

while loading the data using the dataloader, what is the problem you facing?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

i am getting erros like duplicate external field.. i created an external field on contact object also...and mapping that field with account ext field.. but one account may contains multiple contacts then how to improt the remaining contacts which are having the same ext ids in contact..

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

Is it the case?

suppose for a account1 has ExtId as 001,

Its all child will be having ExtId also as 001.

simply parent and its child has same Ids?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

how i am going to maintain the same external ids in the contact object ? i am having 2 contacts which is associated to one account? but i cant maintain an external field which is having same value in contact ext id field right? while uploading the first record is inserting but the second one is failing

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

Please provide an example of your data.