function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

No Account field when adding a Contact via New button following unsuccessful search??

Can I modify the page layout to include Account when hitting the NEW button following a lookup search?  I cant find it anywhere.

Scenario - I have a lookup field to Contacts on a custom object.  I enter the 1st part of a name and hit the lookup/magnifying glass to see if locates a match.  It does not, so I hit NEW.  That opens up a window similar to a mini page view...but Account is not on it.  

Can I modify this layout to include Account?  If so, where?  If not, any other (simple) suggestions?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi tbucket,

That page is not exposed for customization. In case you want the functionality you have mention you need to build it using visual force and would mean lot of coding and customization.

Hope this answers your query.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi tbucket,

That page is not exposed for customization. In case you want the functionality you have mention you need to build it using visual force and would mean lot of coding and customization.

Hope this answers your query.

This was selected as the best answer
tbuckettbucket

Thanks ispita.  Not the answer I was hoping for, but kinda what I was expecting.  Yes, it does sound difficult!  If you cant even access the page, then how can you put a custom button there to trigger any new VForce page!  I'll just stay away!

Thanks again!