function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mikkamikka 

SF License Limit Exceeded

Hi,

Just want to ask if the assigning of OwnerId to a record in Custom Object will affect the license limit of certain user?

I have this case that the owner id of the custom object was set to Inactive, the reason why it cannot attach a file. What i did is that I temporary assign the owner id of these records to an active account like System Administrator. I also created a trigger that once the 'real' owner of these records becomes Activated, it will automatically update the Owner Id back to the real owner. I just want to upsert some files even though the owner is still Inactive user.

Example:

CustomObject. has the following records:

Id = 1 OwnerId = System Administrator

Id = 2 OwnerId = System Administrator

Id = 3 OwnerId = System Administrator

Now,my question is, will this have an effect to the license limit of the System Administrator account?

Your answers will really help a lot.

Thanks!!!

Pan_AKPan_AK

You can check Your licience limit by going to company Profile .

Follow the following Path

Under Admin steup --- > Company Profile ---- > company information

It will give You details of how many licience you have used till now

mikkamikka

Hi guys,

Figured out that the records associated with the user has nothing to do with the license. License limit is dependent on the number of active users, regardless how many records the user owns. So if you only have 10 licenses, you can have up to 10 active users and each one can own as many records as possible (so long as it is within SFDC data storage)

Thanks for all the response..