function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDCDLSFDCDL 

Error during Update operation using Data loader - ,"Id not specified in an update call"

Hello

I am using a csv file to do an insert/update operation into the salesfroce using the Apex Data loader from command line.

I inserted a record with three columns (one being ID , mapped to the Salesforce ID). 

When i perform an update operation, its throwing out the error saying that ,"Id not specified in an update call"

Did any of you face this issue? I fos could you let me know how to resolve this

thanks

pradeep

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

Hi Pradeep,

That error occurs when you try to update the record which is not having salesforce id or which is not associated with salesforce.

SFDCDLSFDCDL

Hi Rahul

I have the Primary key kf my data flow. i created one external ID in slaesforce to whcih the primary key is mapped. 

I am not sure about the salesfoce id whcih you are referring. Is it the Document ID. 

Thanks

Pradeep

SrishSrish

Please check if you have mapped the fields in the data loader.

BewitchedBewitched

Hi,

Usually this error occurs when the ID's of the object you are trying to update is not provided in the excel sheet.

From my understanding this is because of ID's in salesforce. every record in an object be it standard or custom has an ID which is mentioned in the URL of the record when clicked. You need to provide this ID in your csv file so that the records can be updated.

for eg:- I am trying to update Opportunirty records, then in that case I would provide :- 00690000009WFRl this ID in the csv file which is nothing but an unique identification of the records related to opportunity only..

Please mark this answer if it solved your issue.

Thanks,

Tulika