function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CKGCKG 

Email to Case Bounce email

Hi,

I have enabled on demand email-to-case feature. Have set up unauthorized sender to bounce email, mean time I also want to set up a auto reply to unauthorized senders notifying them that  the case is not created since they are not the authorized contact to create a case. Am new to this setup so Pl need some help in setting up this

Thanks,

CK

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You could create a custom Email Service if you'd like to create this sort of custom functionality. See Setup > Develop > Email Services for details. Basically, you create some Apex Code that is triggered each time an email is received through a designated address, and then that code can perform a number of actions, including creating a record or sending a failure notification. However, doing this means that you exclude standard functionality, such as assignment rules (Apex Code doesn't support that feature yet), so you would have to build your own business logic to go with it. I think that Ispita has the right idea here: submitting an idea on the Idea Exchange would help salesforce.com provide a better automated email support system.

All Answers

IspitaIspita

Hi CKG,

This feature "On demand Email-to-case" only allows one to setup:-

• Auto response rules for sending customized emails 
  • Auto-response rules which can enable you to send message in the event of creation of case based on criterion specified on a particular field value of case.
  • In case of "bounce" no case gets created , hence one cannot specify an "Auto response rule" for that , also Failure Response Settings: provided one in the event of Unauthorized Sender Action to just either discard the message or bounce it. Also once cannot have any custom workaround around this as no record gets created on whichyou can trigger some custom code or other construct. May be you can this up with salesforce as an idea.

Hope this helps.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You could create a custom Email Service if you'd like to create this sort of custom functionality. See Setup > Develop > Email Services for details. Basically, you create some Apex Code that is triggered each time an email is received through a designated address, and then that code can perform a number of actions, including creating a record or sending a failure notification. However, doing this means that you exclude standard functionality, such as assignment rules (Apex Code doesn't support that feature yet), so you would have to build your own business logic to go with it. I think that Ispita has the right idea here: submitting an idea on the Idea Exchange would help salesforce.com provide a better automated email support system.

This was selected as the best answer