function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mdelgadomdelgado 

Custom object record type

Hello,

I am new to salesforce and have inherited an implementation.

In the implementation, the is a custom object called projects (that has been created).  For this custom object there have been record types created.

Problem:

When I go to create a new project, one of the record types is missing from the pull down list.  But if I look at the custom object properties the missing record type is there (and it is set to active).

Also if I go to setup -> My Personal Information -> Record Type Selection  .....my custom object is there and my record type is missing from there also (its not listed)

Thanks for the help,

Mirko

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mdelgadomdelgado

Update.

I created a new record type, set the record type that was not appearinf to inactive, deleted it.  Rename to newly created record type to the deleted one.

Now its displaying and working fine.

thanks,

Mirko

All Answers

IspitaIspita

Hi,

Can you tell me the type of package you have installed :-

• is it managed?
  • is it unmanaged?
  • If the package is managed then there is a posibility that that its components might not be available for reuse hence the reason you are not able to see.

Do let me know about the above queries so that I can provide you a more precise resolution.

mdelgadomdelgado

Its unmanaged.  I have full access.  The "projects" custom object is a standard salesforce.com page (displayed as a tab).

thanks for your help,

Mirko

mdelgadomdelgado

Update.

I created a new record type, set the record type that was not appearinf to inactive, deleted it.  Rename to newly created record type to the deleted one.

Now its displaying and working fine.

thanks,

Mirko

This was selected as the best answer