function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nil_von_9wonil_von_9wo 

Another Problem with Force.com_Developer Tutorial: Chapter 14: New User Registration Error

While I still haven't solved the problem of cloning a none-existing "Customer Portal User" profile (re: http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&thread.id=31323 ), I managed to get past it by cloning the "Customer Portal Manager" instead (since this is presumably a manager, I'm sure doing this in a professional environment is probably a formula for trouble, but that's not what this message is about).

I set up the custom portal to accept registrations, but something seems to be wrong.

I go to my portal and try to create a new user. When I submit the details, I get the following error:

Error:
Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.

The e-mail I get states:

The default new user profile is not assigned to the portal. Registration from chapter_14 is not able to create portal users.

How do I assign the default new user profile to the portal? (Shouldn't selecting it as the default be enough?)

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
simhasimha

when u open Customer portal > settings and by clicking the portal name ull get the Customer portal detail page  in that ull find the Related list " Assigned profiles"  in that click the Edit Profiles button and activate the newly created custom profile

Best Regards,

Simha

All Answers

simhasimha

I think u didnot activated the custom:customer portal manager  profile for this just go to the  Settings-Customize- customerportal-settings and click on the portal name  thenull get the detail page in which goto the Assigned Profiles , then click edit profile and then select the Active checkbox next to the custom:cstomer portal manager ( or any other custom profile u created ) then save  .

think this will help u....

Best Regards,

Simha

nil_von_9wonil_von_9wo

I am currently looking at the Site Details page.

I don't see any button, link, or other interface to "Assign Profiles".

(The  only possibility to assign here is "Page Assignment".  The only occurance of "Profile" on the page is "Company Profile" in the sidebar.)

simhasimha

when u open Customer portal > settings and by clicking the portal name ull get the Customer portal detail page  in that ull find the Related list " Assigned profiles"  in that click the Edit Profiles button and activate the newly created custom profile

Best Regards,

Simha

This was selected as the best answer
nil_von_9wonil_von_9wo

This worked!

[... but now I've discovered another  problem... will post separately.]

Cheers,

-Brian.