function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cuemaster98Cuemaster98 

Reporting issues -- Tracking activities

Still kind of a newbie on this stuff...so please bear with me.

I created a custom field labelled Event Type under the Activities area of SF.com.  It is a pick list with various options.

In the Task Page layout I added this Event Type field as mandatory (this shows up in the Log A Call area).  I also made the same field mandatory on the Event Page layout (this shows up when you click New Event in an account).  I am therefore populating two different areas with the same "Event Type" field.

I next created a matrix report with "Event Type" across the columns at the top and "Assigned to" in the rows down the side.  This gives me a breakdown of each event type logged in the system by our sales team and sums the numbers together.

What I am finding is that anything I log in Event Type under the Log a Call/Task page screen shows up properly in my report and sums together.  I therefore see column headings like "Phone Call", "Face to Face Meeting", etc.  This is correct and is exactly what I want to see from this data. 

Unfortunately anything I seem to log in the New Event/Calendar screen is all summed together and shows up in my report under a heading of "-".  The data is logged directly to an Event Type, the same as the Log a Call screen, but it does not seem to get listed properly in my report and therefore doesn't sum together properly.

This is causing a problem for our management team as our sales team is logging events two different ways, but we can't see the detailed breakdown when they add it to their calendar.  The management team needs to see all of this activity logged properly.

Does anyone have some helpful tips??