function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Snider433Snider433 

Tracking an email sent from custom object email field

I have a custom object called Enrollment__c which has email field called notificationemail.I am triggering an email Alert through notificationemail field  on Enrollment__c all works fine but I want the triggered email should be some how tracked and record the activity on Enrollment__c object simalar to the HTML email Status on Accounts,I s there is a way that I can use the HTML Email status to keep track of notification emails
CrmzepherCrmzepher

Yes this would be great is someone could shed some light on this issue.

We have a similiar case where we have created a custom object called Inquiries where web inquiries come in with the email addresses in a custom field called Email__c. We are trying to configure Force.com to send out emails to these emails and track them in the HTML Email Status Related list.

Anyone have any ideas?

crmzepher

www.5minuteforce.com

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
Salesforce doesn't provide this fetures for custom object.  But you can create the same functionality as in HTML Email Status for your custom object recently I've written a blog relative to the same functionality as disscused above.

lease vist following link for more detials
http://forcespider.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/trace-how-many-times-an-email-sent-from-salesforce-is-opened/