function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VirturionVirturion 

Opportunity Amount

We want to be able to create seperate totals for one time versus recurring revenue in Opportunities, Quotes etc. By default the Amount field will add products of both types together. What I'm looking for is a way to grab all one time revenue products and recurring revenue products then sum them seperately in custom fields.

Any ideas are appreciated.

hwebster82hwebster82

My suggestion would be to have a field on the product that tags each product as "recurring" vs. "one-time" fees (assuming each product is either recurring or one-time and can never be both). Then add two custom formula fields on the opportunity product - one that equals a value of the sales price if the value equals "Recurring"  or zero if else and the other formula field equals the value of the sales price if the value equals "one-time" or zero if else.

IF( ISPICKVAL( PricebookEntry.Product2.Family , "Recurring") , TotalPrice , "0" )

Of course I haven't tried this, and it may not work for your business needs but may get you started with something...
VirturionVirturion
This is certainly along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks for the detail!