function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
miss vmiss v 

download existing class

i'm fairly new to working with eclipse, so this is probably a no-brainer for most. i want to take and existing custom object and modify it every so slightly in a new visualforce page. then i'll override the existing page. however, do i have to write the entire page over from scratch, or is there a way to download the class? basically, it's a really long page and i want to add dynamic edits, but i'm hoping i can just get a sample of it via eclipse and make the few modifications from that... thanks,
AlsoDougAlsoDoug

If you are talking about a standard Sales Force page then there is no source to be had.

My understanding is they are all written in JSP and not in Visual Force.

I have had to rewrite/build a couple of pages because we need one or two things that we couldn't modify on the standard page.

miss vmiss v
it's a custom object that i defined a layout for, and now i need to modify 2 things out of like 150 fields.  so i guess i have to rewrite this whole thing in APEX?  bummer.
AlsoDougAlsoDoug

From what I could find yeah (I am by no means the end all be all of Sales Force knowledge).

I did several months ago see a post from someone who had written a .net project that woud look at the schema and generate Visual Force pages with the fields. I couldn't get it to work (I am java not .net guy) but you could try to find it and see if you have any luck.

If you do get it to work let me know :)